AlgoSec integrates privileged account access security support
Network security policy manager AlgoSec has released a new version of its core security management solution, this time with integration with CyberArk’s Privileged Access Security solution.
AlgoSec’s Security Management Solution 2018.2 positions CyberArk support as its main key integration in the update, which will allow joint customers to centralise control of device credentials and privileged accounts. This produces the end result of enhanced security management processes.
The update also includes enhanced support for a range of DevOps APIs, and for a range of security controls from VMware, Cisco, F5, Fortinet and Juniper.
“With support for CyberArk, mutual customers can now take a business-centric approach to security policy management that ensures agility and continuity, while maintaining a strong security and compliance posture across all of their strategic assets and privileged accounts,” comments AlgoSec product manager Omer Ganot.
AlgoSec and CyberArk provide seamless access to security devices protected by CyberArk’s solution, with no need to duplicate or save the devices’ access credentials externally. This enables automation of security policy change management processes while minimising the organisation’s network attack surface, reducing management overhead and protecting accounts.
“The range of new features and enhancements in version 2018.2 further extends AlgoSec’s business-driven security management capabilities, which optimise agility, security and compliance across today’s hybrid enterprise networks,” says Ganot.
The AlgoSec Security Management Solution version 2018.2 is generally available.
Additional features introduced in AlgoSec version 2018.2 include: Enhanced support for Cisco, VMware, F5, Fortinet and Juniper devices
- Extended change management for Cisco Firepower devices controlled by the Firepower Management Center, giving full automation and end-to-end provisioning
- Extended change management support for VMWare NSX Distributed Firewalls, enabling rules to be automatically added, modified, disabled or removed from policies
- Seamless integration with Cisco Tetration, enabling automation of micro-segmentation projects; also reduces attack surface by combining endpoint and network security
- Extended support for F5’s BIG-IP Advanced Firewall Manager module.
- Enhanced integration with FortiManager security policies, enabling fully automated management of related Fortinet firewalls managed by FortiManager
- Enhanced workflow automation for Juniper SRX firewalls.
New integrations with External Application Deployment Systems for DevOps
DevOps can deploy new applications and manage their connectivity with new APIs for application, flow and object editing, and for user / role permission management. APIs are available for Ansible, Puppet and Chef Optimised user experience
2018.2 features a new, dedicated UI for troubleshooting results of traffic simulation queries, helping users to fine-tune their network maps and achieve automation faster.